Boys and Girls Club of Paterson & Passaic Afterschool Program
Boys and Girls Club of Paterson & Passaic is responsible for the delivery of afterschool programming that is aligned with the holistic needs of the students. Students enrolled in the afterschool program have access to a wide range of programs designed to enrich their learning environment:
- Arts & Crafts: Students are encouraged to promote their creativity using their hands.
- Check and Connect: A comprehensive intervention model designed by the University of Minnesota that aims to promote student engagement and school completion with academic and social competence.
- College Track: Students ages 12 -14 learn about the value and accessibility of a higher education.
- Healthy Habits: A wellness program that supports a balanced lifestyle that includes good nutrition and regular physical activities.
- Dance Club: Students learn basic dance concepts, work on choreography. Students get the opportunity to showcase what they have learned to their peers, parents, and community in events organized by the afterschool program. Dancing helps the students to build their self-esteem, improve body coordination and self-discipline.
- Photography Club: Interactive digital photography lessons designed to enhance student’s ability to take and edit digital pictures.
- Power Hour: Students receive assistance with their homework while learning the skills to become self-directed learners.
- Robo Tech: An introductory robotics program that allows students to explore science, technology, engineering and math using Lego Mindstorms®.
- Science Experiment Club: Students ages 5 – 8 make science come alive with fun and easy science experiments.
- Skill Tech: Students learn basic skills in various Microsoft software programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, and Digital Image Pro.
- SMART Girls: program aims to promote healthy attitudes and lifestyles that will enable early adolescent girls to build their self-esteem and develop to their full potential.
- SMART (Skills Mastery and Resistance Training) Moves: A prevention/education program that addresses problems such as drug and alcohol use and premature sexual activity.
- Sports & Fitness: Students get a chance to practice sports such as basketball, dodge ball, football, soccer as well as exercises and yoga.